Values & Ethos
"In every here and now we are ready to express our hope"
St Cuthbert's RC Academy Trust:
"Ordinary people - working together - achieving extraordinary things"
Convinced that people have an unbelievable capacity to do great things, we aim to provide rich and wide ranging opportunities for people to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
EXCELLENCE - AMBITION - PARTNERSHIP - RESPECT - JOY - INTERNATIONAL
As a Trust, at the heart of our Christian service is to welcome and value each individual as equal, regardless of nationality, gender, race, colour, sexuality or creed. We pride ourselves on our exceptional standards of personal pastoral care, rooted in our Christian tradition and values of kindness, support, peace, justice, forgiveness and joy. Our outlook and ambition is international and inclusive.
World Class Experience - World Class Thinking - World Class Achieving
All schools are committed to becoming system leading centres of excellence.
- All students receive a broad, progressive and ambitious curriculum which enables and empowers
- Students have high aspirations, know how to achieve them and are given the opportunity to do so.
Working towards a greener and more sustainable future
- We will demonstrate our Trust's commitment to care for our common home
- Students will be effectively prepared to contribute to social and economic progress required to build a sustainable future
Developing a Trust culture and standard, whilst respecting the unique history, context and character in each of our family of schools
- Our schools should be the centres of choice for the communities they serve. Central systems support excellent practice
- Our 'world class' vision is shared by all Directors, staff and students and is the platform for profound action
Leadership and workforce development
- Sustained investment in high quality professional development of staff at all levels
- Strong partnerships are fostered within our schools and with organisations that share our commitment to world class standards
Promote Catholic values and celebrate all that makes a Catholic education distinct
- Supporting the vulnerable, the disengaged and disenfranchised by removing multiple and complex barriers to learning and success
- Promote the spiritual, moral, academic and social growth of every individual
Providing high quality financial direction and leadership to secure and sustain the Trust
- Provide high quality centralised services to allow schools to focus on teaching and learning
- Explore growth opportunities and develop revenue streams to strengthen and sustain the Trust.
Strengths and benefits
Benefits of being part of the Trust include:
- Access to support to maintain and develop improvement in teaching and learning
- Development of leaders and staff at all levels through collaborative working
- Increased range of CPD
- Opportunities for staff to experience and share in good practice in action
- Creation of additional capacity in leadership
- Opportunities to share in specialist staff
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities to further improve practice
- Systematic approach to School Improvement
- Opportunity to benefit from economy of scales in purchasing services and resources
Ultimately, the aim for the all the schools working together within the Trust is to develop staff at all levels within each of the schools to ensure consistently good practice is established and maintained.